Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Well, what can I say. After my beloved Chicago Bears went to the Super Bowl last year they're experiencing a horrible season. At the time I'm writing this the Bears are out of the Playoff race with no hope at making a wild card, but a few weeks ago my buddy Derek and Tami treated Lisa and I to a rare treat, a game between the Bears and the Seahawks in Seattle. This is the second time D has taken me to see the Bears and I can't tell you how special this is to me. Even though we lost it was a terrific game. The Bears fought hard but couldn't pull it out in the end.

Last year the Bears beat Seattle in the regular season and in the Playoffs, but it wasn't going to happen this year. In fact Derek bet me last year and part of it was he'd have to wear a Bears jersey to this game, but at the last moment I gave him the option to opt out of wearing it (plus I know he would have worn it, ummmm, inappropriately since we didn't specify how we'd have to wear the Jersey). So, as I end this thread, GO BEARS and I can't wait till next season. Hopefully we can make the playoffs then.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're so happy we could take you to the Hawks game to watch them bury the bears. Yes your jersey would have been inappropriately worn; you made a smart choice. We love the blog, we miss you guys and can't wait to see you for New Years. Give the girls hugs for us.
Love, D&T

Post a Comment